Albany Filmfest Comes to Alameda
February 08, 2013 8:00 pm - February 09, 2013 2:00 am
2513 Blanding Ave, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
When: Friday, February 8th
Where: Rhythmix Cultural Works
2513 Blanding Avenue, Alameda
See Albany FilmFest's Greatest Hits! Rhythmix Cultural Works and Albany FilmFest team up to present a taste of the upcoming Albany FilmFest, a juried festival of short (and really short) films from emerging independent local and national filmmakers of all ages.
This special one-hour-plus selection is a quirky and eclectic mix of family-friendly animated, narrative, and documentary shorts directed by adult and youth filmmakers from the past two years. The films, which range from 44 seconds to 16 minutes, average about 5 minutes each, including:
• Desperate Crossing, about a criminal with a urgent problem, an animation by MinSeok Jeon
• Youth 13-17 director Rachel Sonnenberg’s touching film The Locket, in which a little girl finds a locket in Grandma’s yard
• I Love You, Houseplant, an offbeat film about a man who visits his doctor with a very unusual complaint, directed by Ari Sigal
• Come to the Table, from Youth 13-17 director Zoe Salnave, a look inside Berkeley’s Edible Schoolyard Project, was screened at the White House
• Lego Invisible Spy, an unforgettable 1 minute and 35 seconds, created by Youth 6-12 director Nico Chavez and much more!
The Third Annual Albany FilmFest is coming to Albany on Saturday March 2, so this special screening at Rhythmix is a great way to see what the festival is all about. As always, there will be (free!) popcorn for all filmgoers.
For more information call 510-865-5060 or visit: www.rhythmix.org.
For information about Albany FilmFest, visit www.albanyfilmfest.org.